Kingsway Christian College is committed to providing a child-safe environment which safeguards all students and promotes practices which provide for the safety, wellbeing and welfare of our children and young people. The College expects all school community members including staff, volunteers, students, visitors and contractors to share this commitment. This will be the primary focus of our care and decision-making.
In its planning, decision-making and operations Kingsway Christian College will:
- Take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety;
- Value and empower children to participate in decisions which affect their lives;
- Foster a culture of openness that supports all persons to safely disclose risks of harm to children
- Respect diversity in cultures and child rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount;
- Provide written guidance on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children;
- Engage only the most suitable people to work with children and have high quality staff and volunteer supervision and professional development;
- Ensure children know who to talk with if they are worried or are feeling unsafe, and that they are comfortable and encouraged to raise such issues;
- Report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities;
- Share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk; and
- Value the input of, and communicate regularly with, families and carers.
Child Protection Policy
Child Safe Handbook
Protective Behaviours Curriculum
As part of Kingsway Christian College’s student wellbeing framework, the College uses Stymie an online tool that enables encrypted, anonymous reporting to authorised staff, who will respond accordingly. Students are encouraged to use Stymie to ask for help when they need support, or if they are seeing or experiencing harm.