Troubleshooting problems that are preventing you from carrying out your studies.
- Most students need help with installing and configuring OneDrive, Office 365, FamilyZone and Adobe Creative Cloud (only for media students).
- Configuring the wireless network to work whilst on campus.
- Remove Chrome extensions.
- The IT team will complete an initial investigation of hardware issues and advise the student (or parent) of the recommendation. Sometimes this requires replacement of the device, but in most cases return for warranty repair.
- FamilyZone is appropriately configured according to the family rules. Between 08:30-15:30 on school days the College’s FamilyZone server provides the filtering rules. Outside of this time the family settings apply. For some families the filtering is highly restrictive, and others relaxed. Please discuss as a family what level of filtering is appropriate for the student’s age, situation, and maturity.
- Laptops are similar to homework/uniforms in that it is the responsibility of the student to ensure they are prepared, ready, and maintained ready for use that day. IT&L does not carry any spare chargers and does not have the room to hold devices whilst charging .
- Consider purchasing a device which enables rapid charging (80% within an hour) as this will help on those odd days which the student forgets.
- Some classrooms (not all) have GPOs which, with permission from the teacher, may be used to provide some charge.