Kingsway Christian College is governed by the Board of Kingsway Christian Education Association Inc. The KCEA Board consists of up to twelve elected members of the Association with responsibility for exercising all the powers of the Association in the operation of the College. The Board meets regularly and has a number of committees that service the Board.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
• Ensuring that the College remains true to its Mission, Strategic Plan, Policies and Values,
• Appointing the Principal and monitoring his/her performance and the College’s educational standards,
• Ensuring that the College meets its legal and regulatory requirements,
• The development and monitoring of Board Policies,
• Ensuring the College’s physical facilities are constantly updated, and
• Planning for the future to ensure the College’s sustainability and continued success.
Committees are created by the Board when it becomes apparent that the business of the Board requires a more focused approach that cannot be provided with the full Board.
Standing Committees are:
1. The Executive Committee – Consisting of the Board Chair, Deputy Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
2. The Finance Committee – Oversees the financial management and audit processes.
3. The Master Planning Committee – Oversees the implementation of capital projects and recommends future planning of capital projects.
4. Board Governance Committee – Responsible for Board recruitment, development, performance and succession, Board policy and risk management.