Prerequisites for International Students
The Principal needs to be satisfied with the school reports provided and have confidence that the student can make suitable academic progress in the College and critically, has met the minimum English language requirements before commencement. Students are required to take the AEAS or IELTS test or to provide other clear proof of their English proficiency. These are not pass or fail tests, but rather provide an indication as to how long students need to study intensive English at a specialist language school, or confirmation that the student is competent enough to study in Australia now. The vast majority of students enrol into an English Language Intensive Course of Study (ELICOS) prior to commencing at Kingsway Christian College. These courses are designed to prepare students for studying Secondary School courses in Australia in English. International Students spend typically 6 months of intensive English study, but it could take longer to reach the required English level for some students. We recommend Phoenix Academy http://www.phoenix.wa.edu.au/.
If the student is transferring from another course of study in Australian within 6 months of commencement, a release letter must be provided from that institution before a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) can be issued.
It is our preference that you use the services of one of our approved agents, especially if English is not your first language. http://www.kingsway.wa.edu.au/enrolments/international-students/approved-agents . These agents have an understanding about our College and will represent your interests and assist with translation, accommodation etc., as these are services that we are unable to provide. Please let them know that you have contacted us directly and that you have been referred to them.
1) The Marketing & Enrolments Manager will advise if we have a place available in the relevant year group and speak to the agent or prospective parent about the College and the enrolment process.
2) A Written Agreement needs to be fully completed with all supporting documentation supplied and payment of the $250 application fee needs to be made. Certified copies are required if we are not able to sight original documents. All documentation that is in a language other than English needs to be translated. Current fees are included in the Written Agreement and are reviewed annually.
3) Student, family and agent details are then entered onto our enrolment database. To progress your application we require copies of birth certificates, immunisation records and school reports for the past two years as well as passport details (Visa and photo pages).
4) An initial conditional offer letter is issued for immigration purposes upon receipt of a completed Written Agreement (application form) with supporting documentation and payment of the application fee.
5) Once we are in receipt of all documents and payment, the Enrolments Officer will contact the parents or their agents for an interview with the Principal and Marketing & Enrolments Manager if possible. The interview usually takes about half an hour and a legal guardian or agent should be present.
6) For students entering into Years 7-12, there may be a short subject elective meeting with the Deputy Principal, immediately after the Principal’s interview, depending upon the time of year.
7) Advanced payment of one semester’s school fees is required which will be invoiced. Upon receipt of the funds the unconditional Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be issued.
Click below to take a virtual tour of the school.
For any International Enrolment enquiries contact Ruston Long +61 9302 8777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org